Friday, February 24, 2006

I was in my favorite yarn shop there where I live, Knitting Corner and started a conversation with a woman who came in to pick up some special ordered yarn. I asked her what she was making and she said a shawl from Sheep to Shawl. I thumbed through the book with her and she pointed out some of the easier patterns. I really wanted to try one so I went home and mulled it over. I bought the book that day but couldn't decide which one to make. I was already working on the throw for the Knitting Olympics and didn't want to have too many projects started all at once. So I picked a pattern and bought the yarn. I wanted a dark green color since green is my favorite color. I don't usually wear shawls but when I sit and watch TV I thought this would be as good as a sweater. We'll see. Here is the beginning right before the Knitting Olympics and there is now.I also found the neatest thing to save myself all kinds of problems at the shop. While I was taking my beginner lessons, I spied the cutest way to keep from chasing my balls of yarn around the living room. I know the cats are disappointed but too bad! I want to say that I have used a paper bag, a plastic sack and other things to keep my yarn flowing smoothly but the dogs and cats loved those things for various reasons which really annoyed me. I bought two of these and they work great. If I spill anything near the yarn, it stays dry. So I thought $9.95 each, was well spent! I use them for all my projects including my crochet.

1 comment:

vlb5757 said...

Christine, thank you, thank you, thank you. You are the very first comment on my blog!! I couldn't knit without my doxie support team. I have finished one square and have a second one about 1/3 of the way done. Hopefully tomorrow it will be done.