Wednesday, March 01, 2006



Scarves
When you are a beginner knitter you do a lot of scarves. This is one of three that I did right after my beginner class. I didn' know any other stitch other than straight knitting so I just went nuts with this. It's really long and has no fringe. I am not wild about fringe. It gets in your mouth and drives me nuts. I want to make a hat to match this so until the fall when I take a hat class, it will sit in the basket waiting for it's partner.The purple scarf is for my daughter-in-law as soon as I get a hat made for it. Her favorite color is purple so hopefully she will like this. I made another scarf from some yarn that my mother-in-law gave me years, and years ago, but I ripped it out and balled all the yarn for another project.

I signed up on Monday for a sweater class that will start on the 7th of March. I have the swatch done to take to class to make sure I have the right gauge. I am really excited to be such a new knitter and get to do my very first sweater. I am making progress on the shawl but have just signed up to knit a (some) Blue 8X8 squares for Christine at Knitting on Trial. I only have until the 24th and hopefully I can get a few done before then. I think I can...I think I can...

No comments: