Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Same Song Different Verse

I already posted this pattern in my last post about Lavender Love. I said that I was doing the same pattern again. So here it is.
This time I can tell you the name of the yarn. I got smarter from hanging out with other knitters who told me to NEVER lose the ball bands. It finally sunk in!
This is sock yarn that I bought at Maryland Sheep & Wool. I think it was either last year or the year before. The yarn is from Tess' Designer Yarns. The business is based out of Portland Maine. It has a basic generic name. It's called Super Socks & Baby. The yarn is 80% wool and 20% nylon. The band says it's got approx. 450 yards. Since it says it can be machine washed and dried, I bought it. I seldom buy yarns where I have to hand wash. I am not really consistent with hand washing my socks.They always get washed in the washing machine, however I do use the octopus dryer I purchased from Ikea several years ago.
Here is my favorite foot model. She never complains and never frets about her pay.
I did the standard heel flap because the Lavender Love socks had the after thought heel. I hadn't done a standard heel flap in a while so thought I shouldn't forget how to to it. I like the way it looks and they are nice snug fit. I started out using 2.75 mm needles and then did the heel flap and on down 2.50 mm needles. I need to extra room towards the top but my foot narrows down around my ankles and I wanted a more fitted sock. Got it. Love, love, love the pattern. It's a walk in the park!

4 comments:

Paula said...

Oooh! I love the color!

erinkristi said...

I'm super duper behind - at least for the month of March. Is that red or pink? It must be red because I cannot see you in pink!

Farmgirl Susan said...

Hello and happy spring! I still check your food blog every once in a while to see if you've started posting again - I didn't realize all the fun was happening over here. Your socks are amazing. They're all just beautiful. Hope you're doing well. I know you're staying warm - or at least your feet are! ;) xoxo

Tina T-P said...

Wow, you are just the Sock Maven - I think those green ones will be really pretty - and what a fun name for the pattern! T.