Thursday, June 30, 2011

I'm Feeling Blue

I'm Feeling Blue.

A blogger whose farm blog I really love reading admired some dishcloths that I have been knitting (check out the post before this one) and asked if I was going to sell them. Nope, nope, nope. I admired something she made and talked about on one of her blog posts. So I proposed we do a swap.

Even though I have been on a yarn diet, I figured a purchase to give to someone would be okay. Off to A.C. Moore I went. I was really surprised at how many blue cotton yarns there were. I never have noticed them before. I picked four different blues and one Ecru. I figured that I could use the Ecru to supplement the blues when the cake ran short. Sure enough some of them did.

I have knit somewhere around 40 of the same pattern of these dishcloths. Knitting these was a walk in the park. They are ready for shipping to parts unknown. I am excited they will be in a country kitchen and they will be used. Here they are!
















This is a short post, but as you can tell from the last two posts all I really have been knitting is dishcloths. I think I started on May 2. I used a #6 Addi Turbo circular for every one, two stitch markers and a row counter. Such an easy project to carry in a bag stowed in the car to drag everywhere. Now, I just need to get her address and they will be off to a good new home.

4 comments:

Ria said...

Happy Blues!! You had me worried for a minute!!

Paula said...

*Squeeeeal* Mine! Allll mine!!
They are beautiful!

Cheryl in AZ said...

I just found my little bin of cotton yarn today while I was emptying the office to tear out the carpeting. The first thing I though of was: "need to make some of those dishcloths Vickie is making" my hand made ones are all gone and all i have is plain old washcloths. BORING!! Want more knitted ones. So I guess I will try to knit and spin (kind of like sit and spin only different) for the TdF.

Tina T-P said...

What pretty pretty dishcloths!

Ha, ha - I just finished reading my friend Sharon's blog "In Stitches" and there you were talking about "me" - unfortunately I didn't get to catch up with her this year - we spent some time together last year though - fun gal - and I love all her projects that she shows on her blog - ah, to be retired! T.