Monday, July 03, 2006

How do you eat an elephant?
I know this will sound really funny but I was thinking that when I re-read all the instructions for the Green Lacy Jacket. I had resigned my self to panic every time I read it and then a sign came from a Chinese God somewhere. I am just kidding in a way.

I didn't feel like cooking the other night when I was in pre-pattern reading panic mode when I ate a fortune cookie. This is exactly what it said, "A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step". What are the odds that I would get a fortune like that out of 8 cookies laying on the kitchen counter? I took a deep breath and re-read the instructions and decided just to take it one little step at a time. So here is my progress while my house is falling down around my knees.
This is the back of the jacket with the decreases for both of the arm holes. I hope that I did it slowly and correctly enough. It's hard to see it in my head what it should look like. Now that I have done that, I have started the left front of the jacket and now I can see what I think it is going to look like. I think this is shaping up one bite at a time! I trudge on...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There ya go! Zipping right along.
Why is the house falling down?

Tracy Batchelder said...

I think you've got it figure out. It's beautiful!

vlb5757 said...

Susan-the house is falling down because all I do is sit and knit. I have no motivation to do anything except for knitting! I am usually a twice a week cleaner but now I just do it when I have time!

WW-I got the left side done yesterday but found an error. I am not sure if I misunderstood or what so now I am trying to figure out how to match the error for the other side! I am getting closer to getting done but it will be slow going from now on. I have a three date catering job plus my other job next week so I won't have time to do much knitting. I would rather knit!!