Sunday, June 15, 2008

Yet Another Pair of Green Socks...
This post got lost in the shuffle somewhere and was originally dated for April 20th and I guess I got more excited about other posts. Who knows, but here it is...


You might have guess it by now but if not I will tell you that my most favorite color is green. So I am a sitting duck for most green sock yarn. So here is another pair of green socks. I love how the pattern turned out. Now if I could just remember the name of the yarn. I think it's Austermann Step. Can't tell you the color way because I have lost the label. I know better now to keep things together. I even bought a knitting book so I can keep track to the kinds of projects I do, the yarns they were made with and the adjustments to any patterns. Maybe I can be more accurate when talking about the yarn, needles and project. It might take me a while to get started but I bought the book.


Here is the latest pair of green socks that were finished this week. I am thrilled they are done and now there are two more that need to be worked on.


Here is a close up of the color and pattern. I like them a lot. I had a thought that I might need some other colors, but then re-thought and decided to stick with colors that make me happy. Green makes me very happy!

7 comments:

Susan Luni said...

Nice socks! Your feet must be the best dressed around.
I have several posts that got lost, too. I'm trying to post them, one by one this summer, since it is the slow knitting season. I just started using Blogger's scheduled posts feature; I recommend it.

Vickie said...

Thanks, I didn't know that was an option. I will look into it. I have two others that were not posted that I will have to fix a bit and then get them posted.

Tracy Batchelder said...

I have some of that yarn. Not sure it's the exact color, but your sock makes me want to get busy and knit mine up. Very pretty!

Cheryl in AZ said...

It is always good to use colors that make you happy, and only second to that is patterns that make you happy. That way projects get done in a much more timely fashion.

I have just CO for Clessidra #2 - this is definitely a case of pattern happiness trumps color happiness.

Love the look of those socks. Might have to do something like that with some of my Autermann.

Vickie said...

WW-I would say great minds think alike. I have had these done for a while but forgot to post them in a timely manner. I love Austermann yarn. Another knitter that I know had her sock out knitting on it and that jogged my memory about my pair.

Cheryl in VA-Since I have been knitting socks, it's been all trial and error, most errors. The ribbing on these didn't harm the stripes at all. The Lorna yarn is unfolding on the heel. I will post those when I make more progress. Thanks for stopping by!

Bobbisox said...

Green is my favorite color too; my favorite pair of socks is the Opal 2002 color in that bright green. I also made the other color green but it is dark so I don't feel happy with that color.

vlb5757 said...

I am not sure I have seen that shade of green in the Opal. One of the LYS here just got a whole bunch of Opal and I bought a skein but off hand can't remember what color it is. I will have to check out their site and see the one you mentioned. Dark green is really hard to knit with but that's what I chose for my first pair of socks; against the advise of the teacher. They turned out well, but I have learned to stay away from really dark socks. I had thought about doing some black socks for myself, and now have backed away from that idea...