Friday, February 13, 2009

25 Random Things about Me
I was stunned to read that I got named for a Meme. I don't usually answer them but thought since I am still plugging away on my socks this would be great filler. Sorry, sometimes it's just necessary when you knit as slow as I do.

I got tagged by Sharon for this Meme. I found her blog via this person.
Okay here we go...

1. First and foremost I am a native Texan. No matter where I live I always have a wall in my house full of Texas items so I can take Texas with me where ever I go. It's a must!

2. I love the country but live in the city. I lived on a dairy farm for about a year in my late teen years and loved it. I secretly wanted to marry a farmer but married a sailor instead and have been trying to get to the country ever since.

3. I love to watch true life murder shows, which creeps most people out. I love Dr. Michael Baden's show on HBO. Now you will not be shocked to read #4

4. I have been hooked on Patricia Cornwell's books for years. She has a new one out but I will wait until it's a paperback before I let it collect dust on my "to be read" shelf.

5. I lived in Japan and Germany as a child and loved them both.

6 .I collect fruit and vegetable teapots and pitchers. I have 37 currently. I have limit the cost to less than $15. I am dying right now because I found a bell pepper that would cost me $35. I don't have it and won't get it until the price drops....

7. I am addicted to salt and chocolate. I eat both every day in some varying amounts.

8. My 30th wedding anniversary will fall on Friday the 13th this year. And they said it wouldn't last.

9. I have a glass jar fetish but again limit it so that it doesn't get out of control.

10. I learned to crochet as a kid while my grandmother took a nap every afternoon while we visited. I really loved it but never really did anything about it until I was in my early 20s. I didn't really learn much about knitting until I was over 45.

11. I love everything fall and winter. I hate summer and I live near the ocean and never go there.

12. I feel lucky to have a green thumb. I worked at a nursery in college and took home plants no one else wanted. I got them to grow by talking to them and playing music to them. I had a jungle at one time in my apartment.

13. I went to culinary school and now hardly ever cook. I am burned out. If I stopped working I would cook more because I have the time to do creative things.

14. I don't have a lot of very close friends that live close by.

15. I love animals and wish that I could have more but they are expensive to keep healthy.

16. I would rather receive a handmade gift more than most anything. It makes me feel special because someone was thinking about you enough to give of themselves and their time.

17. I have had a weight problem all my life and I find it a bit ironic that I teach nutrition to culinary students. I tell them that I am the perfect example of what poor nutrition choices can do to you.

18. I have two sewing machines and never use them. I have them because they are connected to two women in my life and they remind me of them everyday when I walk past them.

19. I am not a great housekeeper but I try to keep things picked up in case someone comes by the house randomly.

20. The older I get the closer I think I am coming to becoming my mother. I am a negative person and fight that off almost everyday.

21. I would rather wear jeans and T-shirts than anything else in the world. I am not a girly girl and really don't want to dress up if I don't have to. I don't own a dress anymore. The only reason I own heels now is because I have to wear business dress to work everyday. Otherwise I would be barefooted in jeans all the time.

22. I like to strip old furniture to see what's underneath and make something more wonderful from it.

23. I judge a book by it's cover.

24. I am addicted to TV. Even if I am not watching it, I like the noise.

25. I can not text and really care very little about learning it. It's all I can do to keep up with one blog and a cell phone.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

That was a fun, informative and honest list Vickie. Thanks for taking the time to post. I've seen a lot of Memes but so far this one has been my favorite. I'm not into housekeeping either.

vlb5757 said...

Thanks, I had a hard time coming up with things for it. I do not lead a very exciting life and kind of like it that way. We have spirts of interesting things with long periods of quietness. I have adjusted to that schedule! I hate to clean house becuase I would rather be either knitting alone or knitting with friends or spending time with DH. So housekeeping is not high on the list until I have company.

Tina T-P said...

Oh my, so many things in common, we must have been separated at birth - LOL (that's the extent of my texting knowledge) Great to get to know you a little better!
:-) T.