25 Random Things about Me
I was stunned to read that I got named for a Meme. I don't usually answer them but thought since I am still plugging away on my socks this would be great filler. Sorry, sometimes it's just necessary when you knit as slow as I do.
I got tagged by Sharon for this Meme. I found her blog via this person.
Okay here we go...
1. First and foremost I am a native Texan. No matter where I live I always have a wall in my house full of Texas items so I can take Texas with me where ever I go. It's a must!
2. I love the country but live in the city. I lived on a dairy farm for about a year in my late teen years and loved it. I secretly wanted to marry a farmer but married a sailor instead and have been trying to get to the country ever since.
3. I love to watch true life murder shows, which creeps most people out. I love Dr. Michael Baden's show on HBO. Now you will not be shocked to read #4
4. I have been hooked on Patricia Cornwell's books for years. She has a new one out but I will wait until it's a paperback before I let it collect dust on my "to be read" shelf.
5. I lived in Japan and Germany as a child and loved them both.
6 .I collect fruit and vegetable teapots and pitchers. I have 37 currently. I have limit the cost to less than $15. I am dying right now because I found a bell pepper that would cost me $35. I don't have it and won't get it until the price drops....
7. I am addicted to salt and chocolate. I eat both every day in some varying amounts.
8. My 30th wedding anniversary will fall on Friday the 13th this year. And they said it wouldn't last.
9. I have a glass jar fetish but again limit it so that it doesn't get out of control.
10. I learned to crochet as a kid while my grandmother took a nap every afternoon while we visited. I really loved it but never really did anything about it until I was in my early 20s. I didn't really learn much about knitting until I was over 45.
11. I love everything fall and winter. I hate summer and I live near the ocean and never go there.
12. I feel lucky to have a green thumb. I worked at a nursery in college and took home plants no one else wanted. I got them to grow by talking to them and playing music to them. I had a jungle at one time in my apartment.
13. I went to culinary school and now hardly ever cook. I am burned out. If I stopped working I would cook more because I have the time to do creative things.
14. I don't have a lot of very close friends that live close by.
15. I love animals and wish that I could have more but they are expensive to keep healthy.
16. I would rather receive a handmade gift more than most anything. It makes me feel special because someone was thinking about you enough to give of themselves and their time.
17. I have had a weight problem all my life and I find it a bit ironic that I teach nutrition to culinary students. I tell them that I am the perfect example of what poor nutrition choices can do to you.
18. I have two sewing machines and never use them. I have them because they are connected to two women in my life and they remind me of them everyday when I walk past them.
19. I am not a great housekeeper but I try to keep things picked up in case someone comes by the house randomly.
20. The older I get the closer I think I am coming to becoming my mother. I am a negative person and fight that off almost everyday.
21. I would rather wear jeans and T-shirts than anything else in the world. I am not a girly girl and really don't want to dress up if I don't have to. I don't own a dress anymore. The only reason I own heels now is because I have to wear business dress to work everyday. Otherwise I would be barefooted in jeans all the time.
22. I like to strip old furniture to see what's underneath and make something more wonderful from it.
23. I judge a book by it's cover.
24. I am addicted to TV. Even if I am not watching it, I like the noise.
25. I can not text and really care very little about learning it. It's all I can do to keep up with one blog and a cell phone.