Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year 2011

Happy New Year 2011

I hope that everyone had a great time ringing in the new year with friends and family. My husband and I have always spend New Year's Eve together at home and this year was no exception. We managed to stay awake until midnight to toast the new year. This year we tried something new and it was yummy! We bought champagne and orange juice to make Mimosas but I got an idea at the last minute and gave it a try.

I remembered that I had frozen strawberries that we picked last summer. So if we were using orange juice, why not fresh strawberries? So I whipped out the little mini chop and dumped some red frozen clumps in the processor and pureed away. Each glass got a couple heaping spoon fulls and then we added the champagne. A quick stir and we were in business.
Oh, what business that was. We toasted the new year with the strawberries and champagne. The second glass was a mixture of orange juice and the strawberries. Even better!

I am not usually a drinker, but the combination of the bubbles and frozen love from last summer I was ready to say good bye to 2010 and hello to the new possibilities of 2011. I am planning to add some new things to the blog this year and will work on that all during this next year. I do have a one sentence New Year's resolution, so here goes. This is it for me in a nut shell and I will make it work as best as I can and not beat myself up when it doesn't.

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Redirect. That's it. Pretty vague but I can still do this. I hope that each of you can make a resolution that you can stick to. Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

Ria said...

OOhhhh strawberries & champagne for New Year's Eve! YUM! I do not think I can keep strawberries that long in the freezer... nope wouldn't happen... sigh

Cheryl in AZ said...

Sounds like a great Mantra for the year. I have been mumbling it to myself for a couple months now. So maybe it is time to stop mumbling and start yelling :)