Tuesday, March 07, 2006

It's a Blue Day...that's a good thing!
I worked on my squares for Christine brother Jef and for Vicki's brother, Michael. I am so glad that I can do something to contribute to this being a comfort to these two men. Here is my progress so far. The squares are being blocked as I sit here and type this. I am thinking about doing some more squares since my sweater class got pushed back to March 28. While I am disappointed about the sweater class I am happy about having more time to make more squares!!



This square is called Little Blocks. It's multiples of 6 stitches plus 3. It's all knitting and purling, nothing fancy but I do love the texture both for the hands and the eyes. I love bumpy feeling things.


The second stitch is called the Moss stitch. It's just knit and purl every other stitch. Seems like a lot of work for one kind of a stitch, but again I love the way the square looks with the bumpy texture and the way it feels when you touch it.



The last square I have finished to date is a Moss stitch Heart. I thought it would convey the message that all of these squares say. Each sister loves her brother and all of us can appreciate that kind of love.

I want to do some more squares but since I am a beginner I have to not get carried away and bite off more than I can chew. I have been having a ball doing this because I am getting something done and it's for such a great cause! I have been using The Encyclopedia of Knitting by Lesley Stanfield & Melody Griffiths for all of my square ideas.

4 comments:

Vicki Knitorious said...

Thank you, Vickie, for your contributions. I can't wait to wrap my brother up in a blanket! Squares are a nice way to experiment with stitches and patterns. Thanks again.

vlb5757 said...

Vicki I see that I have misspelled your name and will change it. I hate when someone misspells mine. Sorry. I have started working on another square but think the gage will be large than 8X8. So I may have to rip it out and do it again with smaller needles. It's been fun!

Anonymous said...

Nice lookin squares ; )
I had fun playing with different stitch patterns too!

AmyArtisan said...

The blue squares look lovely! :)