Sunday, August 27, 2006

Wallis Knits
I have been trying to finish two projects at once and get the rest of the spinning done for the guild meeting. When I get bored with one or lose my patience, I switch to something else. I can see how a person could have five or six different projects going at once. I have still have to finish my Mock Cable Sweater. I still need to re-work the arm, the collar and re-sew the buttons on the Green Lacey Jacket and the baby sweater that I started for my nephew. Geez, I have nothing to do with my spare time!

This is the latest project that I have been working on. It's a design by a local woman named Linda Johnson. She is currently the President of the local Knitting Guild here where I live. I think she works part-time at Ewe Knits and then designs.

I have talked in past posts about the Lacey Green Jacket, but it was done with baby yarn. It did have a lace pattern to it but wasn't "true" lace. When I went into Ewe Knits, I saw true lace and couldn't resist. I had to have the scarf by Wallis Knits. So I bought the yarn and the pattern and work on it about an hour a day. Since this picture was taken I have tripled it in size. There are errors, but I am excited that I am working on my very first lace piece. I will finish it and give it as a gift to a friend for Christmas then pick another color and make another one, hopefully without any errors.

I haven't worked on the sweater for my nephew as of late but I will soon. I will have a busy three weeks starting tomorrow when my son and his wife come here to visit for three weeks. I still have to work and then of course they will want to eat and I have to knit and spin! I will try and post while they are here but please excuse if they are a bit spaced apart.

5 comments:

vlb5757 said...

I know it's riddled with lots of mistakes, but you really can't tell by looking at it. So maybe my friend won't closely inspect it. She doesn't knit or crochet, so...

Anonymous said...

looks wonderful! Isn't lace amazingly addictive?

vlb5757 said...

Amanda Cathleen-I am hooked. I want to try this pattern with some larger needles and see how it looks then. I will now be on the look out for some more simple beginner lace patterns. Got any suggestions?

Laura said...

WooHoo! Look at that lace - how exciting! Especially after blocking your friend will never ever know there are any errors.

Have a wonderful visit with your son! :)

vlb5757 said...

Laura, I have really gotten into the lace thing. I never thought I could do it. This is a very easy 8 row pattern so it's great for beginners. I will be looking for other lace projects and will need your recommendations for sure!