Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Big Chip Day
I have been putting this off but finally broke down yesterday and got started. On what you ask? Well my good friend Susan from Farmgirl Fare, mailed me Big Chip's fleece after I begged to have a fleece during shearing. So she induldged me and it has been sitting in my closet since August. I want to get all my fleeces spun into roving and was thinking about taking them to the Fall Fiber Festival and dropping the off. Well, after there was an indepth phone call with another friend who owns sheep, I think I have changed my mind.
Chip's fleece is riddled with tiny weed seeds so I am going to need some help with this. I washed two bags of fleece and decided I needed to stop and not do anymore until I drive out to Mary's place for a second opinion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow that is a lot of fleece. wow!

vlb5757 said...

I know and I only have washed two bags of it and they were pretty large. I still will have to comb it and spin it. I am a bit overwhelmed!